How do I remove tabs from the tab strip at top of desktop
The tab strip that runs across the top (just below the url address) has tabs that I don't want there. I want to remove them. One tab, in particular, does not even show an icon but just the url address. I especially want that one OFF. I can't figure out how to take tabs OFF the tab strip. At the LEAST, I want to hide the tab strip from view.
Additional System Details
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Office Live Update v1.0
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.8; rv:19.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/19.0
To close a tab, click the close button (usually looks like an x).
You can check for problems with the sessionstore.js and sessionstore.bak files in the Firefox Profile Folder that store session data.
Delete the sessionstore.js file and possible sessionstore-##.js files with a number and sessionstore.bak in the Firefox Profile Folder.
- Help > Troubleshooting Information > Profile Directory: Open Containing Folder
Deleting sessionstore.js will cause App Tabs and Tab Groups and open and closed (undo) tabs to get lost, so you will have to create them again (make a note or bookmark them).