Why firefox's redirect blocker doesn't work with http://u.to, http://goo.gl/ and others url shortener? How can I fix it?
I checked "Warn me when websites try to redirect or reload the page" in options | advanced, but it doesn't work.
I don't have found how to disable all redirections (with the ability to let me choose - allow redirection or not), so I solved my problem with noredirect extension. Thx.Read this answer in context 0
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- NVIDIA 3D Vision plugin for Mozilla browsers
- NVIDIA 3D Vision Streaming plugin for Mozilla browsers
- Foxit Reader Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.4.1 for Mozilla browsers
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
Try using Blocksi as a workaround ( http://block.si/ )
Don't undestand, how it can help to disable redirection
The setting in "Tools > Options > Advanced > General" is meant as an accessibility feature, as you can see by the label of that section, so that people with disabilities or people who use screen readers do not get confused and is not meant as a safety protection to stop redirecting.
I don't have found how to disable all redirections (with the ability to let me choose - allow redirection or not), so I solved my problem with noredirect extension. Thx.
Just block those sites!