how do I enable a addon firefox disabled dur to a newer version being available?
I need to use Java but the version 7 has problems and does not work for me. I want to stick with version 6 but firefox disables it and wants me to update to the latest version. I need to enable the older version.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.01
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealPlayer Download Plugin
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader PepperFlashVideoShim Plug-In
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealDownloader Plugin
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Garmin Communicator Plug-In 126.96.36.199
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.44.23
- Version 188.8.131.5212
- Google Update
- Intel AppUp Hyperlink Plugin
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer Plugin
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer DLL
- Reader Library Helper Plugin
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 184.108.40.206
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
Running windows 7 64 bit....
Hello rap694, indeed Java 7 update 11 is Vulnerable, so in firefox is blocked for your protection, see : Java Plugin 7 update 11 and lower (click-to-play), Windows has been blocked for your protection
see for the vulnerability :
if you like read all the discussion : SUMO community discussions - Another Java vulnerability...
see if is helpful : How to use Java if it's been blocked
see also : Java - Add back missing registry key
Older Versions of Java are just as vulnerable, so please update to 7 update 11 and only use it if absolutely necessary.
one of the links had the answer.... just by clicking on always activate all plugins I was able to access the site with no issues...thanks
you are welcome