On Yahoo Finance trying to get stock quote get redirected to page for a Yahoo Finance optimized version of FireFox. I'm suspicious.
On Yahoo Finance to get stock quotes. Suddenly when clicking to enter a quote I get redirected to a page that indicates there is a Yahoo Finance enhanced version of FireFox available. Keeps coming up, can't get quotes. Since it doesn't go to a Mozilla address (that I can determine) I'm suspicious about this link.
Additional System Details
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Winamp Application Detector
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.2
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 22.214.171.124
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- Yahoo! activeX Plug-in Bridge
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
It is a "customized" version offered by Yahoo - http://downloads.yahoo.com/firefox/
It adds the Yahoo toolbar, changes your default searches to Yahoo, changes your homepage to Yahoo. It may make other changes.
You can check for malware, if you are suspicious. See:
Check your Plugins and update:
- Check your Plugins - https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/plugincheck/
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.2 (Current 10 version is 10.1.5. Newest version is 11.0.01)
- Download, save, close all browsers, install (newest version) - http://get.adobe.com/reader/
Modified by TheOldFox