I mistakenly reset Firefox while it was sandboxed and now can't access history or bookmarks and don't know how to correct the apparent security conflict.
Firefox has been very slow and the help topics suggested resetting it. Unfortunately, I forgot to do this out of Sandboxie. Now upon opening Firefox, I get the message that "bookmarks and history system will not be functional because one of Firefox's files is in use by another application. Some security systems can cause this problem." I am also instructed to close everything down and fix the problem, but don't know how to do this. I can access bookmarks and history if I open Firefox unsandboxed, but I don't want to do this.
Additional System Details
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.5
- Picasa plugin
- Shockwave Flash 11.1 r102
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
You can check for problems with the places.sqlite database file in the Firefox Profile Folder.
Did Firefox move the profile folder to the desktop (Old Firefox Data) or did this fail as well?
Thank you. The problem seems to have resolved itself.