Can't access Pirate Bay
For the last few days, I've not been able to access Pirate Bay with Firefox on my Windows XP Pro laptop. I tried on another computer with Internet Explorer and it worked fine. I looked at cookies, I deactivated adblock plus in case that was it, and checked if it was the pop-up blocker. None of those seemed to solve it. I Googled, and apparently Firefox and Chrome have labelled Pirate Bay as a malware site and was wondering if that was why it wouldn't work? If so, how can I change that?
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- IE Tab 2 Plug-in for Mozilla/Firefox
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.5.2"
- Version 1.0.5, copyright 1996-2010 The VideoLAN Teamhttp://www.videolan.org/
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:14.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/14.0.1
Firefox by default won't block, restrict or label as such websites you attempt to access. Now a add-on/extension, maybe even a plugin from a security bar from your PC security suite will however. Restart FF in SafeMode & try it again see if you can access it. If so you know it's something you have installed on ff wether it may be add on/extension. If still doesn't work post back & see what else we can try :)