FIrefox 18 and Norton Toolbar
I have FF 18.0.1 running on a VISTA Home Premium system and whenever I enable the Norton Toolbar (2013.2.1.36) -- updated as of 1/20/2013), FF always crashes when I close the browser. The only way I can prevent the crashes is to disable the Norton Tool Bar. All of this worked find prior to FF 18.0
I have been to the Norton Community website and there are multiple posts about this, but to date, the problem is NOT fixed. Norton adms apparently are aware of this problem.
Does anyone in the Mozilla community know when this will be resolved and who has ultimate responsibility for fixing it -- Mozilla or Norton?
I also have a Windows 8 Pro system on a laptop--and there is NO problem whatsoever there.
Additional System Details
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.11.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.5
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 126.96.36.1998
- Google Update
- Plug-in for detecting Nero Kwik Media.
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 188.8.131.525
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 184.108.40.206
- AmazonMP3DownloaderPlugin 1.0.15
- Musicnotes Viewer plugin 1.18.11 For more information visit www.musicnotes.com
- Motive Plugin for Mozilla Browsers
- CANON iMAGE GATEWAY Album Plugin Utility Module
- AlternaTIFF v1.9.3
- ActiveTouch General Plugin Container Version 103
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
Please perform the following steps to give us a crash report ID that helps us find out more about the cause of the crash.
- Enter about:crashes in the Firefox location bar (that's where you enter your website names) and press Enter. You should now see a list of submitted crash reports.
- Copy the most recent 5 report IDs that you see in the crash report window and paste them into your forum response.
Thanks in advance for your help!
FF 18 crashes with Norton Toolbar bp-2856b254-2104-4140-8ecd-7357d21301211/20/20139:43 PMbp-167e60a0-dbac-4307-adc4-fae9a21301211/20/20139:43 PMbp-ed95c4a1-073b-41eb-b55e-d49dc21301211/20/20139:41 PMbp-52429dab-44c8-4c0b-b6fb-90ff021301211/20/20139:40 PMbp-a9c95b6e-1519-478d-b462-a916321301211/20/20139:40 PM