How do I override firefox from preventing a page from automatically redirecting--can't get to my bank account
I go to my bank, but then get message: "Firefox prevented this page from automatically redirecting...
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.5.1"
- CANON iMAGE GATEWAY Album Plugin Utility Module
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
- Firefox/Tools > Options/Preferences > Advanced > General : Accessibility : [ ] "Warn me when web sites try to redirect or reload the page"
The setting in "Tools > Options > Advanced > General" is meant as an accessibility feature, as you can see by the label of that section, so that people with disabilities or people who use screen readers do not get confused and is not meant as a safety protection to stop redirecting.
My Firefox Tools menu has no Options/Preferences selection. What do I do now?
What is your Operating System?
Mac OSX 10.8.2. I have looked through all the choices in the Firefox Preferences and nothing seems to apply to the function of redirecting or reloading pages. However the solution above specifically say to go to the Tools drop down menu to "Firefox/Tools > Options/Preferences > Advanced > General".
The Tools dropdown menu on my version of Firefox 19.0 has the following: Web Search, Downloads, Add-ons, Set Up Sync..., Web Developer, Page Info, Start Private Browsing, and Clear Recent History. It does not have a selection for "Options/Preferences".
On Mac see:
- Firefox > Preferences > Advanced > General : Accessibility : [ ] "Warn me when web sites try to redirect or reload the page"