Getting back old settings
i am having a problem with the that tool bar is set up. my firefox updated and change the settings, i have a search engine by the tabs on the window that i cant get rid of. Also when i open a new tab that search engine is what open not the most opened windows page. How do i get rid of the search engine and set the most open window page as my new tab?
Additional System Details
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.7.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- SumatraPDF Browser Plugin
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.4
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
hello stawberry235, this sounds like a problem possibly caused by adware/malware on your pc. please go to firefox > addons > extensions & remove any suspicious entries (toolbars, things that you have not installed intentionally, don't know what purpose they serve, etc). also go to the windows control panel / programs and remove all toolbars or potentially unwanted software from there and do a full scan of your system with the security software that you have in place and/or a different tool like the free version of malwarebytes.
afterwards you can also install the search reset addon - it will revert the most common customziations those adware programs do in firefox back to the default: https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/searchreset/