Firefox will not load https (and other websites)
I'm running Firefox 18.0 on Windows 7 (64bit). Out of the blue, it started not loading certain webistes. It just spits out blank pages, or does not react when clicking login buttons. The web console will display a GET-message [for facebook: http/1.1. 302 Found 174ms], but hard reloads (CTRL+F5) do not help either.
So far, I have encountered problems with :
- Facebook (blank page)
- Amazon (will not react upon "login")
- GMX (will not react upon "login")
- Mozilla.org (will not let me download Firefox anew OR create a support account)
- My university's library catalogue (will not react upon "login")
- Any of my university's https://-pages
- The Google search in the Firefox task bar.
- EDIT: The e-mail confirmation link this board has send me will not load either.
They will load in Internet Explorer, so here's what I did:
- EVERYTHING from the "Firefox can't load websites, but other browsers can" page, including Removing and readding FF to my Firewall exceptions, changing proxy settings, Dis- and enabling IvP6 settings, DNS Prefetching, Clearing cookies, history, browser cache and network cache, full system scan
- Deleting and Reinstalling Firefox
- Dis- and enabled SPDY in about:config
Please help. I'm at the end of my rope. Thanks.
EDIT: The websites work if I start FF in safe mode. Hope this leads to something.
Modified by Pali
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.5.2"
- DivX Plus Web Player version 18.104.22.168
- DivX VOD Helper Plug-in
- Office Live Update v1.5
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
The Reset Firefox feature can fix many issues by restoring Firefox to its factory default state while saving your essential information. Note: This will cause you to lose any Extensions, Open websites, and some Preferences.
To Reset Firefox do the following:
- Go to Firefox > Help > Troubleshooting Information.
- Click the "Reset Firefox" button.
- Firefox will close and reset. After Firefox is done, it will show a window with the information that is imported. Click Finish.
- Firefox will open with all factory defaults applied.
Further information can be found in the Refresh Firefox - reset add-ons and settings article.
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!
Oh cool. That worked. Thanks!