How do I stop flash from hijacking the keyboard?
It's pretty annoying that I can't navigate the page while watching an embedded YouTube video, there must be an add-on or a setting to change.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.01
- Google Update
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.9.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.44.23
- Version 220.127.116.1112
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.0.2
- Nokia Suite Enabler Plugin
- Foxit Reader Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:20.0) Gecko/20130113 Firefox/20.0
When the Flash plug-in is running, it steals focus from Firefox. To return focus to Firefox, click an empty area of the web page. At that point, the usual keyboard shortcuts should work again.
The developers are aware of this issue.
But then I have to use the mouse.