Whenever i click on a link to download a mp3 file, firefox starts playing it in VLC web plugin instead of downloading. i've selected 'Always Ask' in settings
i want to download some mp3 files from internet, but whenever i click on download link firefox directly starts playing it in VLC web plugin for firefox, i have already selected 'Always Ask' option in options -> applications settings, but still the problem persists, please help. im using FireFox 16.0.2 version.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.0.2
- McAfee MSC FF plugin DLL
- McAfee Virtual Technician plugin for Mozilla (Gecko Version: 1.8b1)
- Winamp Application Detector
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:16.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/16.0
You can set the Boolean pref browser.altClickSave to true on the about:config page.
Then you can hold down the Alt key and left click the link to get the "Open with" download dialog.
thanks @cor-el for this hint, it works.
however, I have another question, once I tried to disable VLC plugin, I couldn't turn it on afterwards , I had to reinstall whole VLC. it's clumsy! don't know where's the bug
Modified by jablka