Why does Flash work when I had the control inactivated in Firefox settings?
I have turned off Flash in the settings, but it still will works when I am looking on internet-sites, why? I wanna make my own decision when I wanna look at pages who are using Flash.
Modified by Noah_SUMO
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.5
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.9.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Nexus Personal Plug-Ins
- PlayStation(R)Network Downloader Check Plug-in
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
Are you sure it's not HTML5 instead of Flash? This question refers more to the development side.
when I start activating manager, flash is running when I look at a new website, and when I stop that process, the boxes in the websites will tell me that Flash has krasched, but I DO not wanna have to stop Flash every time I go to a new website.
Recent crashes of certain multimedia contents (this includes Youtube videos, certain flash games and other applications) in conjunction with Firefox are most probably caused by a recent Flash 11.3 update and/or a malfunctioning Real Player browser plugin.
In order to remedy the problem, please perform the steps mentioned in these Knowledge Base articles:
Other, more technical information about these issues can be found under these Links:
Please tell us if this helped!
just tell me how i can turn off that flash!! once and for all, and then i can turn it on when I choose it.
Modified by Noah_SUMO
Hey thomas, how did you turn off Flash in settings? Like tell me exactly how you did it.
For choosing which sites to show Flash, please use the Flashblock addon. It is great. It disables all Flash boxes on a page. If you want to turn on Flash on that page, just click on the Flash box you would like to see and it will load Flash for only that box.