How do I keep the history from coming back later after I delete it?
Even though I select delete all history each time I use Firefox, I notice that my history shows back up again after a few days. It even shows a week or more of previous history sometimes. There is another user for my computer. Are they requesting that my history be pulled up again and again, just to prove that they know which sites I am visiting? What is going on? I simply do not want my history made available to anyone but me. I do not want any history kept at all.
more specific, see the options to access options menu....Read this answer in context 3
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- WildTangent Games App V2 Presence Detector
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Google Update
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 18.104.22.1687
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.4
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 22.214.171.1245
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Rhapsody Player Engine Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; rv:17.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/17.0
Hello krmorberg2002, go to Firefox button (Tools menu if you have not enable the firefox/orange button) and then click Options to access the options window > Privacy panel > History session > Firefox will set Never remember history OR if you prefer to set Use custom settings for history then UNcheck Remember my browsing and download history [ ] and Remember search and form history [ ].
see for more info : Settings for privacy, browsing history and do-not-track
I am on the getting started menu. On there is History and some other options made available at the bottom on the screen. There is no Tools button made available on the screen. How do I get to the Tools menu? I do not see a Firefox button per say, but just the icon on the desktop to access Firefox.
see screenshot the firefox/orange button to access
more specific, see the options to access options menu....
I have about 30 sites in history from a year ago which will not delete no matter what I do or how many times. I have tried Tools-clear everything. Used the contextual menu to Delete this page and Forget about this site In Preferences -Privacy I have unticked-Remember my browsing and download history and Remember search and form history. I have lost count of the number of times I have done all this and restarted. I am on a mac os 10.6 Help please
Modified by Artio
Problems with bookmarks and history not working properly can be caused by a corrupted places.sqlite database file.
You can check for problems with the places.sqlite database file in the Firefox Profile Folder.