get "Opening afr.php" pop-up and subsequently spam emails sent to my email recipients
With Firefox open, I get the following box on my screen: Opening afr.php You have chosen to open: which is Plain Text
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Java Plug-In 2 for NPAPI Browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.7; rv:17.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/17.0
I have this problem as well!
This can happen if you have a Firefox extension or other (ad-blocking) software that has modified a file request and removed appended GET data (?xxx=xxx) from a link to retrieve a file.
Try to clear the cache:
- Firefox > Preferences > Advanced > Network > Cached Web Content: "Clear Now"
"Remove Cookies" from sites causing problems:
- Firefox > Preferences > Privacy > Cookies: "Show Cookies"
You will have to change your email password if mails are send out from that account and possibly also do a malware check on your computer.
I had to, finally, clear all cookies to get rid of this notice. Luckily, I never opened it, so I don't expect it has hijacked mt email address book.