When I open Firefox, it starts as avg.name,instead of what I set, which is google.
Something is interfering with the set up of Firefox. When I open Firefox, it goes to a URL called AVG.name. When I go to options and change my homepage, it reverts back to that site. When I press enter, it goes to a URL called BTsearch. I thought I could repair it-I even wiped Firefox out completely and re=downloaded the program, but it reverted right back to the same thing. I have done a google search but can't find out much about this. Any help with this annoying problem will be GREATLY appreciated!!!
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.0
- Google Update
- Plug-in for detecting Nero Kwik Media.
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Picasa plugin
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.0.2
- BlackBerry WebSL Browser Plug-In
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 22.214.171.1244
- DivX Plus Web Player version 126.96.36.199
- DivX VOD Helper Plug-in
- Zeon PDF Plugin For Mozilla
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:17.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/17.0
The troubleshooting has been blocked by whatever is taking over Firefox!!
This issue should have been solved many days ago I wonder why the Mozilla staff does nothing about it