New yahoo mail keeps making me login, but then loops back, never logging me in
Yahoo email updated a little over a week ago and after a few days it started bringing up the login screen randomly (though I'm set to remain logged in for 2 weeks) and when I log in it loops back to the login screen and does not log me in (until eventually, maybe 10 minutes or a hour later it lets me in but then it might log me out 10 seconds later).
I changed to "no proxy" and unchecked the hardware accelerator to speed up (as navigation had also slowed down with the new Yahoo email).
Any ideas? This is so frustrating!
Additional System Details
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.9.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 126.96.36.1996
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.4
- 3DVIA player(188.8.131.52). For more information, visit the 3DVIA player web site.
- AmazonMP3DownloaderPlugin 1.0.15
- CouponNetwork Coupon Activator
- LogMeIn, Inc. Remote Access Components
- 184.108.40.206 - The WorldWinner plug-in allows you to enjoy online casual games with the thrill of playing for cash and prizes
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:17.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/17.0
Please reload the webpage while bypassing the cache using one of the following steps:
- Hold down the Shift key and click the Reload button with the left mouse key.
- Press Ctrl + F5 or Ctrl + Shift + R (Windows and Linux)
- Press Command + Shift + R (Mac)
See if this helps solve the issues you had and please report back to us!
This can be caused by corrupted cookies or cookies that aren't send or otherwise blocked.
Clear the cache and the cookies from sites that cause problems.
"Clear the Cache":
- Tools > Options > Advanced > Network > Cached Web Content: "Clear Now"
"Remove Cookies" from sites causing problems:
- Tools > Options > Privacy > Cookies: "Show Cookies"
This "seems" to work, in that it allows me to log back in, but it does not prevent it from logging me out again shortly thereafter...
Unfortunately, I take it back. It seemed like it worked sometimes to let me back in, but it is not helping me log in now, so it appears that it was not helping before either :)
Are you facing this problem only in yahoomail or other mails also..
Only Yahoo mail.
On my home PC: For Mozilla I have these log in log out issues. For IE I can't even log in to yahoo mail All since the updated mail last week. It was fine before that
Try the Firefox Safe Mode to see how it works there. The Safe Mode is a troubleshooting mode, which disables most add-ons.
(If you're not using it, switch to the Default theme.)
- You can open the Firefox 4.0+ Safe Mode by holding the Shift key when you use the Firefox desktop or Start menu shortcut.
- Or use the Help menu item and click on the Restart with Add-ons Disabled... menu item while Firefox is running.
Don't select anything right now, just use "'Start in Safe Mode" To exit the Firefox Safe Mode, just close Firefox and wait a few seconds before using the Firefox shortcut (without the Shift key) to open it again. If it is good in the Firefox Safe Mode, your problem is probably caused by an extension, and you need to figure out which one.
Please follow the Troubleshoot extensions, themes and hardware acceleration issues to solve common Firefox problems article for that.
When you figure out what's causing your issues, please let us know. It might help other users who have the same problem.
Are you using Yahoo Toolbar?
Yes, I was using Yahoo Toolbar [but that never caused a problem before]
But it does not log in now in safe mode either where there is no Yahoo Toolbar [though it appears that the delete cookie for Yahoo mail has not reappeared as well, a problem?]
Did you check the cookie exceptions?
You can manage the permissions for all domains on the about:permissions page.
What am I looking for in cookies exceptions?
It says that it allows permissions for Yahoo Mail but has no cookies or passwords for it, which seems odd.
Also, out of nowhere every time I hover over a link in Firefox is says "THIS LINK IS BLOCKED!" Any idea what that is?
Yahoo recommended clearing cache and cookie also. I've done that numerous times but I still have this problem Again it started when the yahoo mail interface was changed recently. I can use IE with no issues.
If clearing cookies doesn't work then it is possible that the cookies.sqlite file that stores the cookies is corrupted.
Rename (or delete) cookies.sqlite (cookies.sqlite.old) and delete other present cookie files like cookies.sqlite-journal in the Firefox Profile Folder in case the file cookies.sqlite got corrupted.
You can use this button to go to the Firefox profile folder:
- Help > Troubleshooting Information > Profile Directory: Show Folder
I don't understand what you are trying to tell me. Clicking on links in an email worked but not on any webpage. Anyway, I did a system restore and got back to where I was with logouts/logins.... Thanks....
Can you be more specific about the cookies file thing? I went to the Mozilla help page you provided but cannot figure out what to do, and do not know how this will fix anything anyway? Somehow a new cookie for Yahoo mail will appear??? Thanks!
Check this link about cookies Corrupted files.
Sorry I appreciate the assistance but I'm not following you at all: (1) It does not mention corrupted anything on that page in your link, (2) how do I know what cookie is corrupted so I can delete it, and (3) then how do I get a new cookie?
this problem is real!!! I recently, about 2 weeks ago, switched to Firefox browser because I didn't like some new things on Explorer browser and I am constantly having this issue happen. I use AT&T yahoo email and every 10 or 20 minutes have to login in again. It's ridiculous and extremely aggravating. I don't believe the issue is with my computer. I never had the problem with Explorer and too many people are having the same issue. I'm really disappointed with this and if Firefox/Mozilla can't fix it I will be switching to another browser. I'm not computer illiterate. I never had this problem in 20 years of using Explorer. I just don't believe my computer or computer settings are the problem. There are many features I like about Firefox so would really like it if they solved this problem. FIREFOX are you listening?????
I am having the same problem with my Yahoo! Mail... but only with one account. I have 2 yahoo mail accounts. My original account works fine. My main account is stuck in the log in loop. I am signed in to other parts of Yahoo! It is just mail. I have tried everything that Yahoo! Help suggests. I have emailed them, and they can't even reproduce the problem. I have tried things that people have suggested here. Nothing is working. And it is not just Firefox I have this problem with. I have tried Chrome and Explorer, on my PC and laptop, and I have tried the Yahoo iPad app. If anyone has any other suggestions, I would love to hear them. I would really love to be able to get back into my mail.