When downloading with the "always ask which folder to download to" option, Firefox used to download by default to the last folder used for download, now it seems to choose at random from any folder which is unpredictable and causes delay and incorrect download patterns. How can I return to the previous, consistent and helpful option of downloading to the last folder used by default unless i choose another folder please?
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- LogMeIn remote control components
- The Google Earth Plugin allows you to view 3D imagery and terrain in your web browser.
- Microsoft Office for Mac SharePoint Browser Plug-in
- Office Live Update v1.0
- RealPlayer Plugin
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; rv:17.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/17.0
Current Firefox versions remember the download directory based upon the URL, so if the URL changes then the default folder may be chosen if there hasn't been selected a download folder before for that server.
You can disable this feature to remember the download directory via the Boolean pref browser.download.lastDir.savePerSite on the about:config page. The browser.download.lastDir.savePerSite pref doesn't exist by default (it is a hidden pref), so you need to create it. Create a new Boolean pref with the name browser.download.lastDir.savePerSite and set the value to false.