how to customize firefox's wallpaper?
I do not want a theme or a personna; I just want to customize firefox's wallpaper.
Well Firefox doesn't have "wallpaper" but a persona will let you make a simple change to how to Interface looks.Read this answer in context 11
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.2 r202
- The IcedTea-Web Plugin executes Java applets.
- The Adobe Reader plugin is used to enable viewing of PDF and FDF files from within the browser.
- This plug-in detects the presence of iTunes when opening iTunes Store URLs in a web page with Firefox.
- The Totem 3.0.1 plugin handles video and audio streams.
- DivX Web Player version 188.8.131.52
- This plugin provides integration with Gnome Shell for live extension enabling and disabling. It can be used only by extensions.gnome.org
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux i686; rv:17.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/17.0
Well Firefox doesn't have "wallpaper" but a persona will let you make a simple change to how to Interface looks.
Dear Tylerdowner, your reply to my question was very helpful. Thank you so much.
I'm still trying to learn this persona thing, among other things, and am having a hard time. when I open firefox, there is a corner of the background that says to customize wallpaper (like the corner to a piece of paper folded over) and I click on it and pick a picture and click on "ok" but nothing happens...what do I do? got the toolbar pic done but cant seem to do this part.
Can you attach a screenshot?
Use a compressed image type like PNG or JPG to save the screenshot.
Are you using the default Firefox theme (Tools > Add-ons > Appearance/Themes)?
They are now using 'theme' for what used to be a persona to style the toolbar area and use 'complete theme' to refer to themes that affect the full browser.
well I thought I was using firefox defaults.. i am not computer literate and i dont even understand what you mean by screenshot....? i guess i will stop trying.