Website URL changes after I hit enter
Steps: I enter "wowt.com" (that's a local TV station web site) into the address bar. When I do this, I get suggestions of sites that I have visited before (that's ok). As soon as I hit "Enter" on the keyboard, it takes me to "woot.com". This is not an autocomplete issue. This only happens in Firefox (I've tried in Chrome and IE9).
This seems like a spellcheck feature for the address bar in Firefox that needs to be turned off.
Nevermind... it was the AdBlock Plus plug-in doing the change.Read this answer in context 2
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.0.2
- Shockwave Flash 11.4 r402
- Google Update
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer Plugin
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer DLL
- NVIDIA 3D Vision Streaming plugin for Mozilla browsers
- NVIDIA 3D Vision plugin for Mozilla browsers
- Foxit Reader Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:16.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/16.0
Nevermind... it was the AdBlock Plus plug-in doing the change.