how do I disable amazon mp3 downloader as default?
I tried to download an MP3 file from Amazon and stupidly installed Amazon MP3 Downloader. I can't seem to get rid of it nor can I remove the automatic default for MP3 downloads from the firefox options (applications). Files will not download correctly with Amazon Downloader although they will (via another computer) download fine if Amazon Downloader is not installed. I am not very technically minded so I am just going round in circles. What is a plug-in and how do I remove it (if that is the problem)?
Thank you. I did try that and it seemed to uninstall. Sadly, when I went back to try the download again, it still gave me the same default option. In the wee hours of this morning, I discovered plug-ins and how to disable them. That does the trick! Hurrah!Read this answer in context 2
Additional System Details
- Amazon MP3 Downloader Plugin 1.0.17
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Google Update
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.4
- Intel web components updater - Installs and updates the Intel web components
- Intel web components for Intel® Identity Protection Technology
- Wacom Dynamic Link Library
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- CANON iMAGE GATEWAY Album Plugin Utility Module
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:17.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/17.0
hello wendyk123, it should be possible to uninstall the amazon mp3 downloader from the windows control panel / programs section.
Did you look for that application in the Control Panel > Add / Remove Programs, whatever it is called in Win7?
Thank you. I did try that and it seemed to uninstall. Sadly, when I went back to try the download again, it still gave me the same default option. In the wee hours of this morning, I discovered plug-ins and how to disable them. That does the trick! Hurrah!