I want to transfer bookmarks from firefox on old HDD ( removed from old laptop) to the firefox on new LAPTOP
Hi, My 5 yr old Acer laptop stopped functioning due to a motherboard problem. I have a replacement HP laptop . So instead of repairing the ACER laptop i have removed the HDD and connected it to my HP laptop via USB adapter. I want to transfer the bookmarks on the firefox from the OLD HDD to the firefox in my new HP laptop.
How can i do this . ( All other data on the old HDD is safe and accsessible but i just cant find the bookmarks data of the Firefox )
Additional System Details
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_37 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.4
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- CANON iMAGE GATEWAY Album Plugin Utility Module
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.5
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:16.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/16.0
On Windows Vista and Windows 7, profile folders are in this location, by default:
C:\Users\<Windows login/user name>\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\<profile folder>.
The AppData folder is a hidden folder; to show hidden folders, open a Windows Explorer window and choose "Organize → Folder and Search Options → Folder Options → View (tab) → Show hidden files and folders".
On Windows 2000, XP, Vista, and Windows 7, you can also use this path to find the profile folder, even when it is hidden:
%APPDATA% is a variable represents the C:\Documents and Settings\<user name>Application Data folder on Windows 2000/XP and the C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Roaming folder on Windows vista and Windows 7. Image:Appdata.png
To find a profile folder in the default location on Windows 2000, XP, Vista, or Windows 7:
Press "Windows key Image:Windows_Key.png + R" to open the Run box (or, you can click "Start → Run..." on Windows 2000/XP) In the Run box, type in %APPDATA% Click OK. A Windows Explorer window will appear. In this window, choose Mozilla → Firefox → Profiles.
Each folder in the "Profiles" folder (e.g., "xxxxxxxx.default") is a profile on your computer.
Modified by iamjayakumars
for more details http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_folder_-_Firefox
You can only use the %APPDATA% environment variable for the current system drive.
To access files on other connected drives you need to make sure that you can see hidden files and folders.
The "Application Data" folder in XP/Win2K and the "AppData" folder in Windows Vista and later Windows 7+ versions are hidden folders.
- C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\<profile>\