reformatted 2 computers need bookmarks back from sync
i was having problems with firefox 16 and it kept freexing and not responding .. so i removed it and reinstalled ... i forgot that i had also reformatted my mac that had the bookmarks synced .. does the sync backup my bookmarks on cloud?
so i can restore them ?
Sorry, but when you requested a new Recovery Key your data was deleted from the Sync Server. A warning message should have been sent when you first hit the button to get a different Recovery Key.Read this answer in context 0
Additional System Details
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.44.23
- Version 188.8.131.5212
- BlackBerry WebSL Browser Plug-In
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.4
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.0.2
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:16.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/16.0
You need three things to connect a "new device" to your Sync account to recover your data from the Sync Server.
- Username = email address you used when you first setup Sync
- Password for that account.
- Sync Key / Recovery Key
If you are missing any of those three things, you won't be able to recover your data from the Sync Server.
i was having problems remembering my login password etc
then i had it resent to me
the recovery key didn't match so i req a new one .. i got in but none of my bookmarks are there
Sorry, but when you requested a new Recovery Key your data was deleted from the Sync Server. A warning message should have been sent when you first hit the button to get a different Recovery Key.
crap ok thanx anyway
thank you for the prompt responses