Firefox doesn't remember one of three usernames/passwords any more for Facebook - why and how to fix?
I have three Facebook accounts. Last week Firefox "forgot" one username/password. It asks if I want to store passwords on other sites. I checked and this password was in the saved passwords file! I deleted it as it wasn't working anyway but it still doesn't ask if I want to save. The other two accounts are unchanged
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_37 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Google Update
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- RealNetworks(tm) RealPlayer Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealPlayer Download Plugin
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.4
- BrowserPlus -- Improve your browser! -- http://browserplus.yahoo.com/
- Office Live Update v1.5
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; rv:17.0) Gecko/17.0 Firefox/17.0
if you are using linux > edit > prefences or if you are using windows >tools > options go to securitly tab and tick the rembember passwords for sites ..
I dont use OSX so I don't know which is the Options / Prefences
look like my upload photo
Using Windows Vista
The problem is that one of the three logins disappeared and the other two didn't! Remember passwords is enabled.
The login was listed in the remembered passwords but not showing up - I deleted it in the hope that I would be prompted to remember it again, but that isn't happening. It prompts me on other sites though, so that's working OK.
Then I checked to make sure Facebook wasn't listed as an exception, which it wasn't.
Over to the world for suggestions ...
You can check if there are entries in the password manager with an empty user name.
Make sure that you haven't saved multiple (uppercase, lowercase) versions of that name and password.
Make sure that you do not run Firefox in (permanent) Private Browsing mode.
- Tools > Options > Privacy: Use custom settings for history
- Deselect: [ ] "Always use private browsing mode"
Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions (Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance).
- Do not click the Reset button on the Safe mode start window or otherwise make changes.
There was a login with a blank user name!
Still doesn't explain why one of three logins disappeared, but at least the problem's solved.