how to contact support when I can not download the latest version?
I keep getting a message that soon my browser will no longer be supported so I try to get the new version of firefox and get the message "Your system doesn't meet the requirements to run Firefox. " I try to contact FF support and get the message I must have the latest version of FF to proceed... so Iam being sent in a vicious circle.... I have 2 powerpc running osx10.4.11 and 10.5.8 respectively... these do everything I need a laptop to do but now I am having this issue that I soon may not have a browser HELP
Additional System Details
- Garmin Communicator Plug-in Version 18.104.22.168
- Gecko default plugin
- Runs Java applets using the latest installed versions of Java. For more information: Java Embedding Plugin. Run version test: Java Information.
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Office Live Update v1.0
- Coupons Inc., Coupon Printing FireFox Plugin
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r102
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X 10.5; en-US; rv:22.214.171.124) Gecko/20101203 Firefox/3.6.13
hello, the last firefox that ran on macs with the powerpc architecture was version 3.6.28, which is now also outdated and affected by various security vulnerabilities.
you could switch to tenfourfox - this is a browser based on mozilla that is maintained & kept up-to-date by an independent project (the downside is, it doesn't support plugins, like flash player): www.floodgap.com/software/tenfourfox/