A screen came up advising to download 16.2 version and i go something called 'ecostartpage' which after i googled it found it is a trojan. advise please.
I ran a full norton scan a used norton power eraser but the screen still pops up asking me to download the most recent version of firefox. This has been defined as a trojan virus according to a google search. ECO START PAGE!
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- A plugin to detect whether the Adobe Extension Manager is installed on this machine.
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Google Update
- A plugin to detect whether the Adobe Application Manager is installed on this machine.
- Picasa plugin
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.4
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:16.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/16.0
Hello rjkvak, the latest version of Firefox is 17.0 see: http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/all.html
try to delete the trojan and download the latest version