High Contrast themes on Windows 7&8 overwrites css styles on webpage, how do keep the High Contrast themes setting on window and use the stock CCS?
This was not a problem for me until Windows 8 now makes it so you HAVE to use high contrast theme to be able to change the background on windows explorer. Otherwise you have to accept it always being white. If there is a windows program that allowed me to change the windows colors like you used to be able to then I would not need to use the high contrast.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Intel web components updater - Installs and updates the Intel web components
- Intel web components for Intel® Identity Protection Technology
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.3
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.2; WOW64; rv:16.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/16.0
Note I have click on the Firefox button (Tools menu) and then click Options Select the Content panel then Click the Colors... button. I do have checkbox beside "Allow pages to choose their own colors, instead of my selections above" checked.
Windows somehow overrides this. This is bugging the hell out of me. How is it what windows has any control over Firefox's controls anyways?