why won't Pdf open in new tab
I have foxit pdf and is set to open in new tab ,but it won't
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.9.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Google Update
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.0
- Foxit Reader Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- Bitdefender QuickScan Web Netscape Plugin
- IE Tab 2 Plug-in for Mozilla/Firefox
- Panda ActiveScan 2.0 Plugin for Firefox
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:17.0) Gecko/17.0 Firefox/17.0
firefox 14 and up, windows 7-64
I am not aware of a setting in Foxit to automatically open a PDF file in a new tab. Where is that setting in Foxit?
To open a link to a PDF file on a web page in a new tab, you can:
- middle-click the link (middle-click means press the mouse scroll wheel)
- right-click the link and choose Open in New Tab
Modified by TheOldFox
It was in the download set-up that I saw it.
I have been using Foxit for a very long time. The only way that I know to open a new Firefox tab with a PDF file displayed by the Foxit Plugin, is as I said in my previous reply
You may have misunderstood/misread something.
When using the Foxit Reader (not the Firefox plugin for Foxit), the Reader has tabs just like the Firefox browser for opening multiple PDF files that are saved on your hard drive in the Foxit Reader. See (click on "Viewing PDF Files" to see the features in Foxit Reader - not the Foxit plugin for Firefox) - http://www.foxitsoftware.com/Secure_PDF_Reader/capabilities.php
By the way, are you keeping Foxit updated? The latest version of the Foxit Reader is 5.4.3.0920 available for download here - http://www.foxitsoftware.com/Secure_PDF_Reader/
Modified by TheOldFox
I tried some things and opened in IE tab and it worked.
When you click on the IE Tab icon, it automatically opens a new tab.
I am no longer certain that I understand what your question is about. Originally, it appeared that you expected a PDF file to automatically open in a new tab in Firefox with the Foxit Plugin -- that will not happen automatically. And I explained that you had misunderstood or misread the information about Foxit -- did you read the Foxit information in my previous reply regarding tabs in the Foxit Reader which is not the same as the Foxit Plugin for Firefox? To repeat ---- Foxit will NOT automatically open a new tab in Firefox when you click on a PDF link on a web page unless you middle-click the link or right-click the link and choose Open in New Tab.
You will need to explain IN DETAIL what you are trying to do AND what you expect to happen vs. what is really happening.
Please be clearer with the information that you are supplying and include more detail so that you can be given some assistance.
I meant when I right clicked PDF to open link in IE tab it opened in browser ,while opening link in new tab the PDF opened a blank page and I got a download that I opened and that opened foxit and then it showed PDF in the foxit .So I now know what to do to get PDF to open in browser.
So, a PDF file will not open in Firefox using Foxit. Is that correct?
If so, there are 2 possible problems.
- I see that you have both the Adobe Reader Plugin and the Foxit Plugin enabled in Firefox. I do not know if the problem still exists as I do no have Adobe Reader on my system, but having both installed/enabled has caused a conflict in the past. Disable the Adobe Reader Plugin ( Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.0 ) in Add-ons > Plugins and test to see if the problem is corrected.
- Also, check your settings in Options > Applications to see which Plugin you are using for PDF display.
- See (in section "Changing download actions") - https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/change-firefox-behavior-when-open-file (NOTE: with Adobe Reader Plugin disabled, you will not see it as an option; you will see "Foxit Reader PDF document")
For problems with the Foxit Reader and the Foxit Reader Plugin for Firefox, you can post on the Foxit forum - http://forums.foxitsoftware.com/forum.php
Modified by TheOldFox
Thanks ,the downloading changing worked.