I can no longer login into my gmail or wordpress account. I cleared cash and reinstalled. no luck
I've made sure firefox can accept cookies, cleared my cashe, reinstalled firefox, and made sure that my firewall can allow firefox to gain access to the web. I don't know what happened. I've always used firefox, but now two sites I go to cannot be accessed. One is one of my wordpress login pages ( I can log in to my other blogs) and my gmail account. I get this warning when I try to go to gmail continually: Your browser's cookie functionality is turned off. Please turn it on. [?] :(
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Google Update
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- RealNetworks(tm) RealPlayer Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealPlayer Download Plugin
- Amazon MP3 Downloader Plugin 1.0.17
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.0.2
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.5"
- CouponNetwork Coupon Activator
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.5
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer Plugin
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer DLL
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- Plugin for the LAUNCH! Web Helper v0.2
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:17.0) Gecko/17.0 Firefox/17.0
hello nearel, please try the "Clear history for that site" step from the following article Websites say cookies are blocked - Unblock them (but watch out - this will also delete any passwords saved for those sites in firefox).
other causes of the problem may be security software or extensions/third-party programs that interfere with the cookie management in firefox... http://kb.mozillazine.org/Websites_report_cookies_are_disabled
Did you check the cookie exceptions to make sure that you aren't blocking cookies from those sites?
- Tools > Options > Privacy > Cookies: Exceptions
You can also check the cookie permissions on the about:permissions page via the location bar for websites.
You can Create an allow cookie exception to keep cookie from a website if you want the website to remember you and keep you logged on.
or you can write in firefox passwords for your sites that you want to login and firefox will automaticly login.... or login trough other browser and change security settings for log in from difrent computers... you see, for example, Google chack your IP adress and itch browser you are using when you try to login... probably if you have high security setting he think that you are intruder ;) got to google accoutn and turn off checkin and remembering computers from which you are login in. same problem some people have with facebook... and some people who change passwords and did not made changes to their connected apps and browsers... try it, it doesnt cost you anything... write mi if you need more data...