Firefox 16.02 has a stored history from 1 month ago. After a crash, Firefoxit reloads this old history, not my recent history. Why? Using WinXP SP3.
Recent history is stored correctly. Yet, when I open Firefox after a crash, recent tabs are not shown, just the tab configuration I had open about one month ago. How do I reset this so Firefox knows my recent tabs?
Previously I used History/Restore Previous session. Now I just changed Firefox to show, my windows and tabs from last time when starting. I then killed my Firefox session and restarted - I still get the tabs from 1 month ago.
Additional System Details
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.44.23
- Version 184.108.40.20612
- Shockwave Flash 11.4 r402
- Google Update
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.4
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Winamp Application Detector
- AppWorld NPAPI plugin
- BlackBerry WebSL Browser Plug-In
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:17.0) Gecko/17.0 Firefox/17.0
The Reset Firefox feature can fix many issues by restoring Firefox to its factory default state while saving your essential information. Note: This will cause you to lose any Extensions, Open websites, and some Preferences.
To Reset Firefox do the following:
- Go to Firefox > Help > Troubleshooting Information.
- Click the "Reset Firefox" button.
- Firefox will close and reset. After Firefox is done, it will show a window with the information that is imported. Click Finish.
- Firefox will open with all factory defaults applied.
Further information can be found in the Refresh Firefox - reset add-ons and settings article.
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!
Hello alukoff, rename prefs.js to prefs.jsOLD in your profile folder, see for more information: Corrupt or damaged prefs.js file