Server not found
Receive "Server not found" message inconsistently on various sites. Sometimes "retry" command is successful; frequently not successful. The "Server not found" message even occurs with Mozilla website links on this help location. Have cleared cookies & cash, restart in safe mode (disable add-ons). No success in eliminating the problem.
Additional System Details
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.9.2 for Mozilla browsers
- McAfee MSC FF plugin DLL
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.4
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Intel web components updater - Installs and updates the Intel web components
- Intel web components for Intel® Identity Protection Technology
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:16.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/16.0
A possible cause is security software (firewall,anti-virus) that blocks or restricts Firefox or the plugin-container process without informing you, possibly after detecting changes (update) to the Firefox program.
Remove all rules for Firefox and the plugin-container from the permissions list in the firewall and let your firewall ask again for permission to get full unrestricted access to internet for Firefox and the plugin-container process and the updater process.
You can try to reset (power off/on) the router.
Try to boot the computer in Windows Safe mode with network support (press F8 on the boot screen) as a test to see if that helps.
I have this problem too, opening links starts having server not found page. Has nothing to do with router or software. If I close firefox and try again it works, but will start giving server not found after a few links