Numerous Firefox 17 menus/menu options are not functional
Tools -> Add-ons menu does not work (Neither does the Ctrl-Shift-A keyboard shortcut, nor the Add-ons button in the Tools-Options-General tab).
Similarly, the Help-'Report Feedback' option doesn't have any effect. Ditto for 'Help-Troubleshooting'. Other menu options like Tools-Downloads and Tool-Setup Sync work fine however.
hello dosulliv91, another user reported that tab mix plus might cause this issue - do you have it installed too? if so, please launch firefox in safe mode, go to the addons-manager & keep tab mix plus disabled until there is an update available for the extension.Read this answer in context 2
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_33 for Mozilla browsers
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 18.104.22.1686
- BlackBerry WebSL Browser Plug-In
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.5"
- Voltage Authentication Token Plugin
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:17.0) Gecko/17.0 Firefox/17.0
Unable to access Help-Troubleshooting menu to access this info (See Details section).
hello dosulliv91, another user reported that tab mix plus might cause this issue - do you have it installed too? if so, please launch firefox in safe mode, go to the addons-manager & keep tab mix plus disabled until there is an update available for the extension.
nm, madperson already gave the response.
Modified by JPV555
Yup, that was the issue. Thanks folks!
You can try to install the latest TMP dev version.
By way of reinforcement of the TabMix Plus "fix"...
After upgrading to Firefox 17 on our Windows 7 64bit machine, we found that we could not launch Add-Ons Manager, nor the Firefox Help, nor many of the already-installed Add-Ons to examine them.
As mentioned in this topic area, we updated TabMix Plus to the latest TMP dev version, and that solved everything, and fixed everything, to satisfaction.
We would NOT advise deleting all the extensions.* files in an attempt to fix the above problem, as that did not work, and messed up things as well.
Modified by josephrot