History is gone. History not displayed in the sidebar
My history is gone. The sidebar (Ctrl+H) is entirely blank. The only thing there is the search bar and even that doesn't work. I didn't delete it or anything. I was going to a website and my history vanished before my very eyes. Everything is even gone in show all history (Ctrl+Shift+H). I restarted Firefox in safe mode and tried to find a problem that way. The sidebar was still blank. My bookmarks are fine. The history is completely gone. How can I get my history back?
Additional System Details
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Default Plug-in
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.3
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Shockwave Flash 11.4 r402
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- CANON iMAGE GATEWAY Mycamera Plugin
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_31 for Mozilla browsers
- McAfee MSC FF plugin DLL
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:126.96.36.199) Gecko/20110319 Firefox/3.6.16
Problems with bookmarks and history not working properly can be caused by a corrupted places.sqlite database file.
You can check for problems with the places.sqlite database file in the Firefox Profile Folder.
Please Update to the latest Firefox 16.0.x version.
The Firefox Firefox/3.6.16 version that you currently run is no longer supported with security updates
- Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:188.8.131.52) Gecko/20110319 Firefox/3.6.16
Modified by cor-el