Again, why is Firefox(in all my systems) the only app that "invites", and returns amazon pings?
I use mostly Linux systems, and I can go online with other apps, but when I start using Firefox, my PCs start getting , and returning amazon pings? I hate amazon. I've installed Block Site, but it persist. Some of the Linux firewalls stop it, but some don't. WHY is there no way to block it at the browser??
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
I first start using a new Linux system.
- The next generation Java plug-in for Mozilla browsers.
- The Totem 2.30.2 plugin handles video and audio streams.
- DivX Web Player version 126.96.36.199
- The default plugin handles plugin data for mimetypes and extensions that are not specified and facilitates downloading of new plugins.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; SunOS i86pc; en-US; rv:188.8.131.52) Gecko/20110417 Firefox/3.6.12
That is the trouble; there is no shooting at amazon!
How do you know that pings are happening? Is there any visible evidence of them? According to my about:config information, I have blocked 85 pings. I was not aware of any attempt at sending any.
I have these settings in my about:config window:
- browser.send_pings = false
- browser.send_pings.max_per_link = 1
- browser.send_pings.require_same_host = true
Not sure if those will help or not, however.