X
Tap here to go to the mobile version of the site.

Support Forum

since using cloudflare for my site I'm having troubles with Firefox cache

Posted

Hello, Since I'm using CloudFlare for my Site I'm having a weird trouble occurring only with Firefox (version 16.0.2 / Mac OsX.6.8), but not with Chrome or Safari. When I navigate from the main page of my Wordpress Site to a single post, then back to the main page, then to another single post and back again to the main page, the browser displays a binary file instead of the normal page. After emptying Firefox cache the page loads again properly. When I pause CloudFlare the trouble disappears. I just ask here because this does not happen with other browsers. The config of the site is : Wordpress 3.4.2 with W3 Total Cache Plugin and the browser caching enabled. If disabling the plugins the problem remains the same. Thanks in advance to anyone who could help.

Hello, Since I'm using CloudFlare for my Site I'm having a weird trouble occurring only with Firefox (version 16.0.2 / Mac OsX.6.8), but not with Chrome or Safari. When I navigate from the main page of my Wordpress Site to a single post, then back to the main page, then to another single post and back again to the main page, the browser displays a binary file instead of the normal page. After emptying Firefox cache the page loads again properly. When I pause CloudFlare the trouble disappears. I just ask here because this does not happen with other browsers. The config of the site is : Wordpress 3.4.2 with W3 Total Cache Plugin and the browser caching enabled. If disabling the plugins the problem remains the same. Thanks in advance to anyone who could help.

Modified by Hazlo

Chosen solution

Thanks a lot for your suggestion dumdidadida. I'm more used to Firebug but it's true that the Web Developpers tools are very useful too. With the help of the people at CloudFlare, I could figure out what was happening. It was a conflict between the Page Cache Settings of my plugin W3C Total Cache, and the cache method of CloudFlare. I just disabled Page Cache and everything works good now. But the funny stuff is that the trouble only came out with Firefox, and not with other browsers. Good to know, for other users of CloudFlare and Firefox! Thanks again.

Read this answer in context 0

Additional System Details

This happened

Every time Firefox opened

This started when...

I enabled CloudFlare on my site

Installed Plug-ins

  • Version 3.10.2.10212
  • Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.44.23
  • Shockwave Flash 11.4 r402
  • Affiche le contenu de l’applet Java ou un repère d’emplacement si Java n’est pas installé.
  • Ce module vous permet de visualiser le contenu multimédia de nombreux sites web. Pour plus d’informations, consultez le site QuickTime.
  • VirtualGeoGP Plugin v3.1.0.1731
  • doubleTwist Web Plugin
  • 20-20 Technologies - 20-20 3D Viewer for IKEA v5.0.7.0
  • Musicnotes Viewer plugin 1.18.8 http://www.musicnotes.com
  • Plugin for viewing Sibelius(tm) music scores http://www.sibelius.com
  • iPhoto6

Application

  • User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; rv:16.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/16.0

More Information

dumdidadida 155 solutions 1440 answers

Hi,

This is not a solution but one way you could try to troubleshoot this is through the Web Console opened via Tools (Alt + T) > Web Developer. You need to have it open before loading/reloading etc. Clicking on GET, POST links provides detailed info including Content-Type, encoding etc. You can also right-click and select Log Request and Response Bodies to view the transferred data. Hopefully you would be able to find the cause and resolve it.

Firefox Tools

Hi, This is not a solution but one way you could try to troubleshoot this is through the [https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Tools/Web_Console Web Console] opened via '''Tools''' ('''Alt''' + '''T''') > '''Web Developer'''. You need to have it open before loading/reloading etc. Clicking on GET, POST links provides detailed info including Content-Type, encoding etc. You can also right-click and select '''Log Request and Response Bodies''' to view the transferred data. Hopefully you would be able to find the cause and resolve it. [https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Tools Firefox Tools]

Chosen Solution

Thanks a lot for your suggestion dumdidadida. I'm more used to Firebug but it's true that the Web Developpers tools are very useful too. With the help of the people at CloudFlare, I could figure out what was happening. It was a conflict between the Page Cache Settings of my plugin W3C Total Cache, and the cache method of CloudFlare. I just disabled Page Cache and everything works good now. But the funny stuff is that the trouble only came out with Firefox, and not with other browsers. Good to know, for other users of CloudFlare and Firefox! Thanks again.

Thanks a lot for your suggestion dumdidadida. I'm more used to Firebug but it's true that the Web Developpers tools are very useful too. With the help of the people at CloudFlare, I could figure out what was happening. It was a conflict between the Page Cache Settings of my plugin W3C Total Cache, and the cache method of CloudFlare. I just disabled Page Cache and everything works good now. But the funny stuff is that the trouble only came out with Firefox, and not with other browsers. Good to know, for other users of CloudFlare and Firefox! Thanks again.

Modified by Hazlo

dumdidadida 155 solutions 1440 answers

Thanks for the detailed update :)

Thanks for the detailed update :)