I received a message to update plug-ins so tried following directions, only to find out my computer is not compatible with the update. How to delete ?
I have an older iMac operating on Mac OSx 10.4. When I attempted to down-load some plug-in updates, they would not accept it because my computer is to old and doesn't have the necessary capability. When I try to remove the message, nothing works, and every time I boot the computer with Firefox, it keeps reloading. Please tell me how to delete this plug-in reminder. Thank you.
Additional System Details
- Gecko default plugin
- Runs Java applets using the latest installed versions of Java. For more information: Java Embedding Plugin. Run version test: Java Information.
- Java 1.3.1 Plug-in
- RealPlayer Plugin
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r85
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X 10.4; en-US; rv:220.127.116.11) Gecko/20120306 Firefox/3.6.28
Could not find any message on the page that would offer a delete. I did note on the original page received that options were available, but I tried to up-date, and cannot get back to that page.
You can inspect and modify some prefs on the about:config page to suppress the plugin reminder.
- set the plugins.hide_infobar_for_missing_plugin pref to true
- set the plugins.hide_infobar_for_outdated_plugin pref to true
- set the plugins.update.url pref to an empty string
There is still a newer Flash version available for your OS X 10.4 computer.
What version of Flash Player should I use with my Power PC based Mac?
Flash Player 10.1 Release Notes:
See (Released 11/04/2010) Flash Player 10.1.102.64 and 9.0.289.0 (126 MB)
- http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/142/tn_14266.html Archived Flash Player versions