My extensions disappeared
Yesterday I had 7 extensions installed in Firefox 15.01. Today they are gone, although I see the in the profile folder. The extensions folder is empty. I'm really steamed, because some of these I rely on heavily. What happened?
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.4 r402
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Amazon MP3 Downloader Plugin 1.0.17
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.9.2 for Mozilla browsers
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 22.214.171.1247
- Foxit Reader Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:15.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/15.0.1
It is possible that there is a problem with the file(s) that store the extensions registry.
Delete the files extensions.* (e.g. extensions.sqlite, extensions.ini, extensions.cache) and compatibility.ini in the Firefox profile folder to reset the extensions registry.
New files will be created when required.
See "Corrupt extension files":
If you see disabled, not compatible, extensions in "Tools > Add-ons > Extensions" then click the Tools button at the left side of the Search Bar (or click the "Find Updates" button in older Firefox versions) to check if there is a compatibility update available.
If this hasn't helped then also try to delete the addons.sqlite file.
I think it has something to do with Sync. I have 3 computers at various locations, and I probably did a sync from the wrong one oe in the wrong direction. :-(