Firefox 16.0.1 Crashes, Not Responding with Unresponsive Script Warnings and Adobe Flash Plugin Crashes
I'm experiencing some issues with Firefox 16.0.1 which I had also experienced with Firefox 15.0.1.
On numerous occasions Firefox has crashed while attempting to access a website link contained in an AOL e-mail message.
Unrelated to that issue, Firefox has hung up frequently with associated unresponsive script warnings and occasionally with the Adobe Flash Plugin crashing. Some of the unresponsive script warnings are:
I've reset Firefox and disabled all the plugins and yet these problems persist.
What are those script warnings actually telling me and are there any recommendations on how to resolve these issues?
Additional System Details
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.9.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Shockwave Flash 11.4 r402
- Google Update
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.4
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- Npdsplay dll
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:16.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/16.0
You can check for problems caused by recent Flash updates and try these:
- disable a possible RealPlayer Browser Record Plugin extension for Firefox and update the RealPlayer if installed
- disable protected mode in Flash 11.3 and later
- disable hardware acceleration in the Flash plugin
Thank you for your response.
I don't have RealPlayer on the computer and I tried disabling the hardware acceleration with no effect.
Perhaps the issue is due to my computer being somewhat dated but I didn't have any of these issues with earlier versions of Firefox.