something is invading all web pages I access called "Deal Cabby". I cannot get rid of it.
Something called Deal Cabby has invaded every web page I open. It underlines and highlights random words, and if you move your cursor over the word a pop up ad comes up. I've run all sorts of virus and malware software and it does not show up. Nothing seems to get rid of it.
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
about a week ago
- Shockwave Flash 11.4 r402
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- RealNetworks(tm) RealPlayer Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealPlayer Download Plugin
- Google Update
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.0.0
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; WOW64; rv:16.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/16.0
Ran AVG, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, window defender, and have windows firewall installed and running. I did discover that Window Defender was turned off, and I have no idea how it got turned off.
Do a malware check with some malware scanning programs on the Windows computer.
You need to scan with all programs because each program detects different malware.
Make sure that you update each program to get the latest version of their databases before doing a scan.
- http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php - Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
- http://www.superantispyware.com/ - SuperAntispyware
- http://www.microsoft.com/security/scanner/en-us/default.aspx - Microsoft Safety Scanner
- http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/winfamily/defender/default.mspx - Windows Defender: Home Page
- http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html - Spybot Search & Destroy
You can also do a check for a rootkit infection with TDSSKiller.
- "Spyware on Windows": http://kb.mozillazine.org/Popups_not_blocked
This is how I removed DealCabby: Disabling DealCabby from Firefox: In the top menu, go to Tools > Add-ons > Select the DealCabby Toolbar logo > click Enable or Disable.
I found this info by going to: http://www.dealcabby.com/uninstall.php it is a safe page, with info on how to remove it. Many people have it on chrome, and with them was as simple as removing the extension.
I had the same problem, but I don't have DealCabby installed.
- In Tools -> Options -> Content I unchecked the Firefox "Load Images Automatically". - The text was still highlighted, but displayed the word "CouponDropDown". - I correlated "Dropdown" with a program I installed called "DropBox". - I uninstalled "DropBox". - The problem went away. - In Tools -> Options -> Content I re-checked the Firefox "Load Images Automatically". - Problem is still gone.
Maybe DropBox can be installed without that feature. I don't know.
Zeus Of Coarsegold