Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Archived

Firefox does not open a browser window!

pclind

Here are my FF details!

When I open the FF the app starts but no window opens. The app goes to 200kb and then drops continuously to 110kb in the task manager! If I start in protected mode it starts straight up! What is going on?

Here are my FF details! When I open the FF the app starts but no window opens. The app goes to 200kb and then drops continuously to 110kb in the task manager! If I start in protected mode it starts straight up! What is going on?

All Replies (1)

A possible cause is security software (firewall,anti-virus) that blocks or restricts Firefox or the plugin-container process without informing you, possibly after detecting changes (update) to the Firefox program.

Remove all rules for Firefox and the plugin-container from the permissions list in the firewall and let your firewall ask again for permission to get full unrestricted access to internet for Firefox and the plugin-container process and the updater process.

See:

See also: