can not update my macbook forefox
I am unable to update gmail, nor use HULU and other similar sites because I am unable to update my firefox. When I try, i get as far as opening the applications folder after downloading firefox, and i get a message that says: unable to use this app firefox on this version of MAC OS X op system. PLease help me get hooked up!
Additional System Details
Not sure how often
This started when...
everytime i try to update
- Runs Java applets using the latest installed versions of Java. For more information: Java Embedding Plugin. Run version test: Java Information.
- Gecko default plugin
- BrowserPlus -- Improve your browser! -- http://browserplus.yahoo.com/
- RealPlayer Plugin
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- Office Live Update v1.0
- The Google Earth Plugin allows you to view 3D imagery and terrain in your web browser.
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r183
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.4; en-US; rv:126.96.36.199) Gecko/20110920 Firefox/3.6.23
With Mac OS 10.4, the latest version of Firefox you can use is 3.6.28. You can get that here:
Can you update to Mac OS X 10.5 or later?