Update to 15.0.1 disappears when I restart Mac, need to re-update
I have updated from 14.0.1 to 15.0.1 and when I restart my Mac (OS x 10.8.2) it resets to 14.0.1 and asks me to update again.
A couple of times this happened when I didn't do a complete shut-down and restart so I thought that was the problem. I have since re-updated and done a complete restart, to no avail.
Any thoughts? Thanks in advance,
Additional System Details
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Launches Roblox Application
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- Shockwave Flash 11.4 r402
- Microsoft Office for Mac SharePoint Browser Plug-in
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.6.6
- Adobe® Acrobat® Plug-in for Web Browsers, Version 10.1.4
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.8; rv:14.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/14.0.1
Download the installer for version 15.0.1 and install it manually. You can get that here:
If there are problems with updating or with the permissions then easiest is to download the full version and trash the currently installed version to do a clean install of the new version.
Download a new copy of the Firefox program and save the disk image (dmg) file to the desktop
- Firefox 15.0.1: http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/all.html
- Trash the current Firefox application (e.g. open the Applications folder in the Finder and drag the Firefox application to the Trash) to do a clean (re-)install
- Install the new version that you have downloaded
Your profile data is stored elsewhere in the Firefox Profile Folder, so you won't lose your bookmarks and other personal data if you uninstall and (re)install Firefox.
Thanks for the quick responses...Removing completely and then reinstalling worked wonderfully! Easier on Mac than on the PC. Hmmmm!