What is current Beta version?
I am currently running Beta version 13.0, i keep getting an update to go to Beta version 16.4. When i select to download all i get is a window that says connecting to update server. I have left it up for 24 hours in the past and get nothing. What is the Current Beta version? Is this a bug? is this a virus?
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
not sure how long ago, months though.
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- Shockwave Flash 11.4 r402
- Garmin Communicator Plug-in Version 220.127.116.11
- The Google Earth Plugin allows you to view 3D imagery and terrain in your web browser.
- Octoshape Streaming Services web integration browser plug-in
- DivX Web Player version 18.104.22.168
- npmnqmp 071701000001
- Garmin Communicator Plug-in Version 22.214.171.124
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.7; rv:13.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/13.0
i have rebooted, checked for updates on the computer, currently running. OSX 10.7.5
The current beta is Firefox 16 beta 4
This solved my issue. However, i wonder why the update reminder would not connect to the server, but the link you sent connected right away and was able download the newest version in minutes.
Do you have any explanation as to why the reminder update will not connect.
THanks for the quick help.
Updating from an older beta version to the current beta version can be tricky, especially if you are on a rather old Firefox 13 beta version like you were.
We see more posts about problems on Mac with updating from an older Firefox release version to the current release, so it seems that this also happens on the beta update channel.
Thanks, going to the site and doing the update worked fine. it is running and thus far i have had no issues, but i just did it. My biggest issue was getting the automatic notification to complete the action. actually i was surprised that i was that far behind as i normally do the updates, maybe they just did not take.
I will keep a closer eye on them from now on. THanks,
Issue closed for this time.