(website) is now in fullscreen. Press esc to exit. Very annoying!
This message recently started appearing when I select fullscreen in Facebook and Flickr. It is large and very annoying. It does not appear when I use Safari so I suspect it is generated by Firefox. How do I turn this "feature" off? I am currently using Firefox 15.01
Thanks that fixed it. There's lots of options! It was a few minutes before I realized I needed to enter about:config in the address line.Read this answer in context 0
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- Shockwave Flash 11.4 r402
- Microsoft Office for Mac SharePoint Browser Plug-in
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- Plugin for Wacom tablets.
- Logitech Device Detection
- BlackBerry AppWorld plug-in
- WebEx64 General Plugin Container Version 202
- The Google Earth Plugin allows you to view 3D imagery and terrain in your web browser.
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Logitech Harmony Browser Plug-In 184.108.40.206
- Office Live Update v1.0
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; rv:15.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/15.0.1
It does not happen in Safari. A similar message appears with Chrome but it is a different format and shape.
Check that you do not run Firefox in full screen mode (press F11 or Fn + F11 to toggle; Mac: command+Shift+F).
I am not running Firefox in full screen mode but I want to view photos in Facebook or Flickr in full screen. When I click on the full screen symbol in Facebook or full screen button in Flickr is when I get the attached message. I know I'm viewing the photos in full screen. I don't need the browser to tell me. In the past I did not get this message in Firefox (maybe two versions back). I do not get this message in Safari. I just tested this in Firefox on Win 7 and I get the same message.
Modified by psteeper
I know, that message is annoying as hell.
You can permanently deactivate it (along with any other message asking for your approval to get into fullscreen mode) by navigating to " about:config ", and looking for " full-screen-api.approval-required " under "Preference Name " and setting its value to false.
Hope this helps
Thanks that fixed it. There's lots of options! It was a few minutes before I realized I needed to enter about:config in the address line.