audio and video won't play on websites
When I go to pandora, youtube or any video website (hulu, amazon, etc) the website loads but no video or music plays. They work fine on internet explorer so the problem is with mozilla. Updated plugins, reloaded mozilla, still the same problems
Additional System Details
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.7.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Shockwave Flash 11.4 r402
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 188.8.131.526
- Amazon MP3 Downloader Plugin 1.0.17
- Google Update
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- RealNetworks(tm) RealPlayer Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 184.108.40.2069
- MindSpark Toolbar Platform Plugin Stub for 32-bit Windows
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.0.1
- npmnqmp 989898989877
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; WOW64; rv:15.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/15.0.1
Some plugins have to be different for IE vs. Firefox. Plugins for Mozilla applications for Windows have filenames that begin with 'np' and end with '.dll'. Make sure you get the Mozilla version.
Try to disable all other plugin and only leave the Flash plugin enabled to see if that works.
Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance/Themes).
- Don't click the Reset button on the Safe mode start window or otherwise make changes.
Try to disable hardware acceleration in Firefox.
You can also try to disable hardware acceleration in the Flash player and disable protected mode in the Flash player