This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
How to remove redirect virus using Google Redirect Virus Removal Tool
my PC is infected with Google redirect virus and I tried but I couldn't solved it. I found a tool to remove it and i hope it will work.
Spam software link edited out by moderator
Any one tried this?. It seems that tool can remove Google and Yahoo Bing redirects as well. Google Redirect Virus Removal Tool.
Modified by NoahSUMO
All Replies (1)
Do a malware check with some malware scanning programs on the Windows computer.
You need to scan with all programs because each program detects different malware.
Make sure that you update each program to get the latest version of their databases before doing a scan.
- http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php - Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
- http://www.superantispyware.com/ - SuperAntispyware
- http://www.microsoft.com/security/scanner/en-us/default.aspx - Microsoft Safety Scanner
- http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/winfamily/defender/default.mspx - Windows Defender: Home Page
- http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html - Spybot Search & Destroy
You can also do a check for a rootkit infection with TDSSKiller.
- "Spyware on Windows": http://kb.mozillazine.org/Popups_not_blocked
If using various malware scanners does not fix it or if you are blocked from installing those scanners then ask advice at a forum that specializes in malware removal.