App tabs dissapear.
I use Firefox often, and sometimes when I close down all the windows and restart Firefox, all my app tabs disappear. The last time I did this, I can recall
- being in a second window (with no app tabs)
- pinning an app tab,
- Closing all the windows
- Starting Firefox again
The app tab I pinned was there, but all my other app tabs were gone. This seems... unexpected. (Why doesn't Firefox just keep all my app tabs in every window synchronized with each other?)
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.4 r402
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.4
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.0.2
- Windows Activation Technologies Plugin for Mozilla
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.3.1 for Mozilla browsers
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:17.0) Gecko/17.0 Firefox/17.0
I am using the bleeding edge of Firefox (Aurora 17.0 a2 at the writing of this). I've experienced this problem several times, without clearing cache, cookies, or history.
Use "Firefox/File > Exit" (Mac: "Firefox > Quit"; Linux: "File > Quit") to close Firefox if you are currently doing that by clicking the close X on the title bar to make sure that all open windows are closed at once. Otherwise only the last closed window will be restores and that may not be the one with the App tabs.
App (pinned) tabs and Tab Groups (Panorama) are stored as part of the session data in the sessionstore.js file in the Firefox profile folder.
- http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_folder_-_Firefox Firefox
Make sure that you do not use "Clear Recent History" to clear the "Browsing History" when Firefox is closed because that prevails and prevents Firefox from opening tabs from the previous session.
- App Tab Initializer: https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/app-tab-initializer/
I have a similar issue, my App Tabs are always there after I close firefox and re-open but as soon as I open a second window (without app tabs) the next time I open firefox my App Tabs are gone. This is a really annoying issue.
App tabs are connected to a specific window and you can have a different set in each window. If you close a window then the App tabs in that window are lost.
Use "Firefox/File > Exit" (Mac: "Firefox > Quit"; Linux: "File > Quit") to close Firefox if you are currently doing that by clicking the close X on the title bar to make sure that all currently open windows are closed at once