adblock add ons are not working upon update to Firefox 15
I upgraded to Firefox 15 with AdBlock Plus and suddenly I am seeing ads and am not able to block anything or add new subscriptions. I reset Firefox and installed AdBlock Lite, but am still experiencing problems with seeing ads. Two days ago, I was not seeing ads and now I am.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.4 r402
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.4
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:15.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/15.0
Sometimes a problem with Firefox may be a result of malware installed on your computer, that you may not be aware of.
You can try some of the following programs to scan for malware:
- MalwareBytes' Anti-Malware
- TDSSKiller - AntiRootkit Utility
- Microsoft Security Essentials (A good permanent anti-virus if you don't already have one)
Further information can be found in the Troubleshoot Firefox issues caused by malware article.
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!
I have AVG 2012 installed on my computer and have run scans and there are no viruses or malware that I am aware of.