Default download directory
Although I set Firefox to ask me where to save a doanloaded file it always gave me a default directory of ..\Downloads. Sometime ago I downloaded a file to a different (..\Microsoft) directory and since then it became the default one. No matter how many times I download files to the \download directory, the displayed default is always ..\Microsoft. How do I change it back so the default directory is ..\Downloads. (In Firefox setting it is set to ask me where to save the file)
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.4 r402
- Google Update
- Nitro PDF Plug-in for Firefox and Chrome
- NVIDIA 3D Vision Streaming plugin for Mozilla browsers
- NVIDIA 3D Vision plugin for Mozilla browsers
- Plug-in for detecting Nero Kwik Media.
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.5.1 for Mozilla browsers
- PlayStation(R)Network Downloader Check Plug-in
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- CANON iMAGE GATEWAY Mycamera Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:14.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/14.0.1
Current Firefox versions remember the download directory based upon the URL, so if the URL changes then the default folder may be chosen if there hasn't been selected a download folder before for that server.
You can disable this feature to remember the download directory via the Boolean pref browser.download.lastDir.savePerSite on the about:config page.
The browser.download.lastDir.savePerSite pref doesn't exist by default (it is a hidden pref), so you need to create it.
Create a new Boolean pref with the name browser.download.lastDir.savePerSite and set the value to false.
You may have to clear the "Site Preferences" via Clear Recent History to remove already stored data.