cache always clear automatically after I restart computer
I have cache in my firefox 14 and everytime I restart it just gone and everytime that happen, some website just had screw over display I never choose to clear cache when closing firefox
Im using windows 7 64-bit and this is happen lately
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.3 r300
- NVIDIA 3D Vision Streaming plugin for Mozilla browsers
- NVIDIA 3D Vision plugin for Mozilla browsers
- Google Update
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.5.1 for Mozilla browsers
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.3
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:14.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/14.0.1
You can try to Disable or Remove suspicious Extensions in Tools (Alt + T) > Add-ons that may have been added into Firefox by the website when you permitted it. If the problem persists, please try the Reset Firefox feature via Help (Alt + H) > Troubleshooting Information. This may not help if an external Windows program like antivirus, or other security software, or a history/privacy cleaning software is doing this. In this case you would have to change the settings in the relevant program, or uninstall it via Windows Control Panel > Programs and Features.
(To revert to the previous profile you were using, close the new profile (i.e. exit Firefox), start Firefox and choose the Default User profile. While the Profile Manager is open, you can also delete the newly reset profile (the one containing random numbers), or the former profile, as the case may be). If the reset is okay, it would be a good idea to delete the old profile as otherwise it would be left intact with the previous data/cache until deleted.
Hello TheJoy and thanks for contacting us, Have you installed CCleaner or similar privacy cleaners? This programs may work automatically and remove all cache and cookies from your browser without advice. You may try to Reset Firefox so no extension cleans the cookies without consent, although normal privacy cleaners will continue as normal. The Reset Firefox feature can fix many issues by restoring Firefox to its factory default state while saving your essential information. Note: This will cause you to lose any Extensions, Open websites, and some Preferences.
To Reset Firefox do the following:
- Go to Firefox > Help > Troubleshooting Information.
- Click the "Reset Firefox" button.
- Firefox will close and reset. After Firefox is done, it will show a window with the information that is imported. Click Finish.
- Firefox will open with all factory defaults applied.
Further information can be found in the Reset Firefox – easily fix most problems article.
Check also no malware or cleaner runs with your computer. To do so, press Windows logo key plus R, type msconfig and press Enter. Click on the Startup tab and disable all non-neccessary programs from your Windows Startup. Click OK and restart your computer.
Sometimes a problem with Firefox may be a result of malware installed on your computer, that you may not be aware of.
You can try some of the following programs to scan for malware:
- MalwareBytes' Anti-Malware
- TDSSKiller - AntiRootkit Utility
- Microsoft Security Essentials (A good permanent anti-virus if you don't already have one)
Further information can be found in the Troubleshoot Firefox issues caused by malware article.
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!
The cache may get invalidated if Firefox doesn't close properly.
See "Hang at exit":
See "Firefox hangs when you quit it":
You can also check the compatibility.ini file in the Firefox Profile Folder to see if it contains a line InvalidateCaches=1
You can use this button to go to the Firefox profile folder:
- Help > Troubleshooting Information > Profile Directory: Open Containing Folder